Debit Card Information
Don't have a Community Bank MasterCardô Debit Card yet? Why Not?
It looks like a credit card. Itís accepted like a credit card. But, itís really a check card.
Use your MasterCardô Debit Card to make purchases from any merchant who accepts MasterCard® or to withdraw money from your account at an ATM.
When you use the card to make a purchase, the amount of the purchase is deducted from your checking account ó just like writing a check. If the merchant processes the card as a credit card, you will simply be required to sign the authorization slip. However, if the merchant processes the card as an ATM point-of-sale withdrawal, you will need to input your PIN (personal identification number) in order to approve the transaction.
There is no monthly maintenance fee for check cards; however, if your card is not enrolled in our "Debit Card Transaction Alert" program, you will incur a "Refused Debit Transaction Alert Fee" of $1 per card per statement cycle. Normal ATM transaction fees do apply if you use the card to obtain money from an ATM Community Bank does not own or operate.
To apply for a MasterCardô Debit Card, click here.
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees and your Debit Card
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices:
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Community Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $26.69 each time we pay an overdraft.
- Also, if your account is overdrawn for 4 or more consecutive days, we will charge an additional $5 per day.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Community Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call 1-800-460-6634, visit www.communitybank-tx.com, or complete the form below and click "submit".
* Fields marked are required.